How to clean CPAP mask:
- Warm tap Water(~30 celsius)
- Soft Cloth or Towel
Cleaning Your CPAP Mask:
- Disconnect the mask from the CPAP tubing and detach the headgear. Remove any tubing from any connectors, the humidifier, or from the CPAP machine itself.
- If there is a humidifier unit, remove it from the CPAP machine, and separate it into its pieces.
- Take a Cushion(silikone) and wet it with warm water(~30 Celsius).
- Fill a sink or tub with warm water(~30 Celsius).
- Submerge the mask, headgear, tubing in the warm soapy water and allow it to soak for a about 30 minutes. Additionally, wipe the mask with a cloth and warm water, and use soapy water with the tubing. Air dry all components on a towel and use dry towel to remove any water from cushion if nessecesary.
- After everything has dried, reassemble everything. Apply the headgear to the mask, hook the mask back onto the tubing, and connect the tubing back into the CPAP machine. Turn the machine on, put on the mask and listen for any air leaks if is everything ok then its ready for night use.
- Keep your equipment clean.
- If you have been sick recently, clean your CPAP equipment more often.
- Follow the advice of your medical providers as well as the manufacturers instructions for cleaning your CPAP equipment.
- Never use cleaning solutions other than soft soap.
- Do not clean your mask in a dishwasher or washing machine.